Belmont Plumbing & Heating Fall Checklist
October, 27th, 2022 at 9:36 pm
Categories: HVAC, Plumbing
Are you trying to prepare your Belmont plumbing and heating systems for colder weather?
Would you love to avoid calling a plumber in Belmont or needing furnace repair this winter but you’re not sure how?
At Rowell’s Services, we can help! We have Belmont electricians, plumbers, and HVAC experts standing by to help you with all of your preparation needs. Or, you can follow the list below and do at least some of it yourself.
Care for Your Pipes
Avoid frozen pipes when you prepare them ahead of time.
- Insulate your pipes, if they aren’t insulated already.
- Eliminate as many drafts from your home as possible.
- Keep your home’s temperature at a minimum of 58 degrees at all times, just to be safe.
- Prop inside doors open to promote airflow so every room gets some warmth.
- Finally, let your faucets drip when it is especially cold outside to keep the water in your pipes running.
Other Plumbing Maintenance You Can Do
Your plumber in Belmont would also recommend some outdoor plumbing maintenance before winter arrives.
- Cover all outdoor spigots with an insulated cover made of styrofoam or other insulation.
- Disconnect all hoses from outdoor spigots before it freezes.
- Shut off water valves for sprinklers and/or outdoor water features.
- Drain all outdoor water lines and get your sprinklers blown out by a professional.
- Insulate all outdoor pipes or pipes that are against outdoor walls in your garage, etc.
Caring for Your Heater
Finally, your Belmont plumbing and heating experts recommend taking good care of your heater to keep it working well this winter.
- Change your filters to make sure your heater is running efficiently and is not experiencing additional wear and tear.
- Examine the wiring to and from your heater. If you see problems, call our Belmont electrician for help.
- Call for heater maintenance. We’ll check each part of your heater to make sure it’s all working the way it was designed to, then visually inspect your entire system. If we see that you need a furnace repair in Belmont, we’ll fix it for you before you need the unit again.
Your Belmont Plumbing & Heating Experts
Call us at Rowell’s Services today for everything from winter home prep to water heater repairs in Belmont to heating problems. We are here for all of your Belmont plumbing and heating needs. Get on our schedule now and we will be out to you soon!